Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When the Levees Broke

As I think about all the things that have happened to the people in, not only New Orleans, but all across the South. I think this should not have happened. People died that could have been saved. Our country is fighting a war overseas and spending thousands of dollars for another country when that money could be used right here in our country.

Every time I think about the tragedy that has accrued to these people I think that something can be done and it should have been done 6 months after it happened, not 2 and a half years of waiting. It makes me mad every time I think about this great city sitting in ruins. The people are still living in trailers and not their rebuilt homes.

Very recently I read an article that said that over 40% of the people are still waiting for checks for the company that is sending them out. The company wont even return calls to the people and that the company has actually made money off the fact that they are the check distributors. This is what makes me more mad about this situation.

I hope that when I go down to New Orleans that I can create images that will compell people to help and make a differnce in anothers life.

No comments: